The Sims - An identity game - by Danielle

Have you ever played The Sims? Most part of teenagers had because all of the variety of choices present in the game.


The Sims is a life simulation game, in wich you can create your own character (Sims), in other words, it can be classified as an "Identity game" where you can build an unusual life with vampires, werewolves, fairies or just be a celebrity, for those times we want something different.



There is also the option of expressing our real Identity with our  characteristcs (such as hair, skin color, traits, sexual orientation), family, the house we live, our occupation and everything we can because the game give us many possibilities to make it possible. Following this point of view, we will see the ways we can express who we are in the next topics.




➡Skin Costumization-
Skin colors
The Sims counts with great numbers of skin colors' variety to embrace everyone. To improve representativity of dark skin tones' people, it was added extra content to remove its grey appearance.



➡Vitiligo
Skin details are an important area to improve the identity connection with people who have different skin features, that's why this extention was added to the game.





➡Skin details
Everyone has some type of  body mark, that 's why the producers decided to bring those features such as freckles, estries, scars, birth markes and spots. 



➡LGBT+ Representation-
With infinite possibilities of choices to customize your Sims it's clear that LGBT+ content would be added to embrace those people and thats what motivated the providence of its representation. It came, for example, with the player's decision of the character's sexual orientation and LGBT marriage.




It's whorth highlighting there are many other ways to show your identity in the game and the produces are always trying to embrace everyone in it.

The Sims is very inclusive and that' s the magic of the game, it's a judgment free place where people can express themselves. There you can be from an alien to yourself.

This game is a really confortable place to me, in wich I can make my Sim look exactly like me, even the freckles I can add to it. I can also recreate my life with my family, friends, pets and also continue my life with my dream career, future husband and children.

➡What about you?Do you feel confortable to be yourself or show your Identity in The Sims?


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to show my identity in the game. at some point I thought I'd feel comfortable at being myself but I realized that I only wanted to put my name and add all the best things I wanted in life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really got your point because its part of the game's magic that we can put our dreams on it and also use our creativity😊

      Delete
  3. i always loved to play The Sims and its awesome to know How much its conected to identity! really liked your writing 🫶🏻

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved your blog! I hope you keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you believe I never played The Sims? lol but reading all of this, I wanna start playing hahaha it seems great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really?? I recommend it so hard to you because there is always something new to do on it. Of course sometimes i get tired of it but its worthy to try it😊

      Delete

Post a Comment